E-Library Help Desk Institutions Muhamma map Alappuzha
 

 

Welcome to St.Joseph's College
St. Joseph's College for Women, Alappuzha, a premier institution for higher education in the state of Kerala was established in 1954. The college has secured a prominent place in the scenario of women's education. Inspired by the foundress Magdalene of Canossa, the Canossian Daughters of Charity, who govern the institution, have taken giant strides in leading the institution to greater and greater heights of success and glory, ever imbibing and implementing noble ideals of moral uprighteousness, spiritual enlightenment and inspiring intellectual pursuits. The institution has left no stone unturned in giving the best to the student community.


Our Vision
To fulfill the vision of beloved foundress Magdalene of Canossa, in the formation of hearts, we commit ourselves to form intellectually trained, morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired young women especially the poor & the marginalized who will efficiently and effectively contribute their share towards the building up of better society based on the values of truth and love.

To form respectable citizens who will serve as role models and good mothers of families.

To profit from the synergy of teamwork and effective interdependence, to make a difference in quality of life of all those who are involved in our educative mission. 


INSTITUTION PROFILE

Owned by
Canossian Education Society

Foundress
St. Magdalene of Canossa

Congregation founded
8 May 1808

Mother House
Verona, Italy

First House in India
St Mary's Convent, Fort Kochi

Founded
1889

Third House in India
St. Joseph's Convent, Alleppey

Founded
1892

College Inaugurated on
1 July, 1954

Patron
Rt. Rev. Dr. Stephen Athipozhiyil
Bishop of Alappuzha

Mother General : Rev. M. Margaret Peter
Provincial : Dr. Sr. Rose Chacko

Manager
Sr. Leela Mappilacherry

Principal
Dr. Sr. Janat K. Augustine

Our Foundress

THE EMBLEM
The Cross stands for Christ's redeeming love. The Star stands for the Virgin, Mother of Christ our beacon light. The Lily stands for St. Joseph, revered for his purity and integrity. He represents the royal house of David, symbolized by the crown. The combination of virtue and knowledge is our goal, for knowledge without virtue can fill us with pride, and virtue without knowledge is restricted and unappealing. This perfect combination is seen only in St. Joseph, our Patron Saint.

LANDMARKS
Establishment: 1954
Silver Jubilee : 1979
Upgrading
P.G. English : 1999
P.G Physics : 2000
Golden Jubilee : 2004
NAAC Accreditation : 2004